Monday, May 17, 2010

Early knitting

I've started to go through the clutter in the spare room hoping to get rid of some things and clear enough to make it easy to redecorate.  I found the bags containing special baby clothes, including some of the first items I knitted and crocheted.   I could be critical of myself and look for the flaws, but I'm really impressed with how well made these are especially as I didn't have a clue what I was doing.  I just did it in my greenness and I think because I had watched my mum knit for many years, I had absorbed an awful lot.  I would say that my daughter isn't interested in the same way, but then again I wasn't until I was a bit older.  Like me at that age she's more into art and self expression and is tinkering around the edges of sewing.  Hopefully she is silently absorbing what I'm doing and getting the message that none of this stuff is difficult, it's fun and absorbing, can be exacting but in the end, when you get everything right or right enough, it's rewarding.

Not the blog post I thought it was going to be!

Anyhow, here are the items I made for my babies when I was pregnant:

knitted

Crocheted

I think I never got round to finishing the last one!
blog comments powered by Disqus