Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bottle Swap

I've just posted my first swap on Swap-Bot - a bottle swap! I'm keeping this one to UK/Europe only because of postage costs, but if there is demand - on there or through the blog - I'll host another one worldwide

STOP PRESS! USA one added due to demand!

So what the heck is a bottle swap you might ask? Here's the swap-bot blurb:


'Want to refresh your craft supplies or spread the joy if you have too much of some things? Here's just the swap for you.

To keep the postage cost down I've specified this one to be UK/Europe only - if there is demand I could run a US or whole world one.

OK - here's the deal. Take a plastic 2 litre bottle (cola or water bottles are the usual candidates). Wash and drain it. Take a pair of scissors and cut a sideways U shaped hole in the body of the bottle so that you create a flap. Now you can dry out the bottle and let the fun begin. Fill that baby FULL of supplies - as much as you can cram in. You can roll up paper, add fibres, stickers, ephemera, buttons, anything that you think your partner will appreciate. Make sure you tape the bottle cap on!

Once the bottle is full, place a piece of waste paper inside to protect the contents, under the flap, and then tape the bottle closed. Tape on the address of your partner and post!'

And here are some pics so you can see how to do the cutting and how much stuff you can cram in one (I can't remember the last time I had a table clear enough to spread out stuff like this!)



blog comments powered by Disqus