Monday, April 24, 2006

Hammering away


Because I don't seem to be able to get this post up!

Weekends are supposed to be about spending time with the family....

But I have to have my little art fixes and often end up finishing off or starting something.

This weekend was no exception so I finished off my altered coaster for Sharon (her theme was 'Female of the Species'). I found it so hard to keep the artwork flat (so the coaster can be used) and I loved the kind of sinister face contrasting with the ultrafeminine lace and - gasp shock horror - fine glitter that was sprinkled onto the glaze while it was wet. No idea why she has that noose of lilac paper around her - it just worked for me! Oh and I like the idea of 'male' almost dropping off the sentence....
blog comments powered by Disqus